Tourism and Hospitality
Tourism is one of Kenya’s leading foreign exchange earner and third largest contributor to the GDP after agriculture and manufacturing. As a county, Nyeri County is a firm advocate of sustainable tourism is that in the tourism experience we can, together, protect the environmental health and socio-cultural distinctiveness of Nyeri County tourism destinations while contributing to economic vitality. The county has earmarked Tourism and hospitality as a sector to spur economic growth within the county and is open to support investments made within the sector in line with the County’s vision to be a globally competitive tourist destination with sustainable and equitable socio-economic development. To help achieve the goal sustainable tourism, promote and improve tourism in Nyeri County, the county government is working closely with and actively engaging tourism and hospitality stakeholders.
Some of the investment opportunities that can be facilitated by the Investment Promotion Unit include:
- Establishment of the Nyeri Botanical Garden.
- Establishment of curios & handicraft shops at tourist attractions the County.
- Development of Socio/cultural recreational centers.
- Establishment of Cultural Tourism training centers.
- Establishment of a Cultural Art & Craft Gallery.
- Investment in Malls and Entertainment spots such as nightclubs and leisure lounges.
- Establishment of fast food restaurants.
- Leisure gardens, amusement parks and nature trails.
- Establishment of the Nyeri County Conference Centre
- Investment opportunities in greenfield and brownfield tourism operations;
- Advertisement and Hospitality opportunities in rehabilitation and repackaging of Historical monuments and other scenic sites in the county
- Lord Baden-Powell Gravesite-Memorial and Entertainment Park.
- The establishment of Wildlife corridors in tourism attractions.
- Cottages and Home stays.
Visit: http://iportal.nyeri.go.ke for more investment opportunities