In an effort to promote Nyeri County Products and Companies in international markets,The Deputy Governor of Nyeri County H.E Caroline Karugu met Mr. Peter Biwott, CEO Export Promotion Council (EPC) on 26th July 2018, in a highly productive meeting.Project Dollar Mashinani, where Nyeri SME’s, business and farmers will benefit through export of Nyeri Products to international markets was the main agenda . Out of the meeting, the county was able to benefit through the following:
1. EPC and the County Government agreed to hold a business forum for SME’s and business people in the next 2 months to inform them of export opportunities that the people of Nyeri can exploit.
2. EPC will establish a business information center (Biashara Centres) in Nyeri County where information and statistics on business opportunities and business trends will be easily accessible,especially for youth starting business and writing business plans.
3. The meeting secured Nyeri County a FREE exhibition booth to showcase Nyeri products in the 2nd Kenya Trade Week and Exposition from 30th July- 3rd August 2018 where the President, H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta will be the Chief Guest.
4. EPC agreed to help Nyeri County develop an Export Strategy. In addition, CEO Biwott promised to push for Nyeri County to be the pilot county for the implementation of the National – Counties Export Promotion program.
5. Nyeri County and EPC agreed to prepare and organize for Nyeri International Trade Fair targeting local and international buyers in the next 2 years.
6. EPC to help the people of Nyeri export their products and services especially SME’s and the Youth.