Nyeri Municipal Board
- Provide for efficient and accountable management of the affairs of the Municipality.
- Provide for a governance mechanism that will enable the inhabitants of the Municipality to:
- Participate in determining the social services and regulatory framework which will best satisfy their needs and expectations.
- Verify whether public resources and authority are utilized or exercised, as the case may be, to their satisfaction.
- Enjoy efficiency in service delivery
- Vigorously pursue the developmental opportunities which are available in the Municipality and to institute such measures as are necessary for achieving public order and the provisions of civic amenities, so as to enhance the quality of life of the inhabitants of the Municipality.
- Provide a high standard of social services in a cost effective manner to the inhabitants of the Municipality.
- Promote social cohesiveness and a sense of civic duty and responsibility among the inhabitants and stakeholders in the Municipality in order to facilitate collective action and commitment towards achieving the goal of a harmonious and stable community.
- Providing for services, laws and other matters for Municipality’s benefit. Fostering the economic, social and environmental well-being of its community
- Subject to the provisions of the Urban Areas and Cities Act, the Board of the Municipality shall perform the following functions:
- oversee the affairs of the Municipality;
- develop or adopt policies, plans, strategies and programs and set targets for service delivery;
- formulate and implement an integrated development plan;
- control land, land sub-division, land development and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centers, residential areas, recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture, and freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the Municipality as delegated by the County Government of Nyeri;
- promoting and undertaking infrastructural development and services within Municipality as delegated by the County Government of Nyeri;
- developing and managing schemes, including site development in collaboration with the relevant national and county agencies;
- maintaining a comprehensive database and information system of the administration;
- administering and regulating its internal affairs;
- implementing applicable national and county legislation;
- entering into contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions;
- monitoring and where appropriate, regulating municipal services where those services are provided by service providers other than the Board of the Municipality;
- preparing and submitting its annual budget estimates to the relevant County Executive Committee member for consideration and submission to the County Assembly for approval as part of the annual County Appropriation Bill;
- collecting rates, taxes levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees as delegated by the County Government of Nyeri;
- settling and implementing tariff, rates and tax and debt collection policies as delegated by the County Government of Nyeri;
- monitoring the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies,
Jeremiah Wachira Ichaura
Salome Wanjiru Ndun'gu
Ag. Municipal Manager
Mary Wanjugu Wang'ombe
Charles Karuga Kariuki
Zachary Mathenge Wanjau
Fredrick Maina Mbuga
Charles Muya Kabira
Hannah Njamiu Maranga
John King'ori Waihenya