Located in central Kenya, it borders Kirinyaga and Meru to the East, Laikipia to the North, Nyandarua to the west and Muranga to the South.
Area (Km 2): 3,337 Km 2
Population Density: 208 people per Km 2
Accessing Nyeri Town. The major routes leading to Nyeri town are:
- Nairobi -Nyeri route via Karatina.
- Nairobi -Nyeri route via Othaya.
- Nakuru-Nyeri route via Nyahururu.
- Nanyuki -Nyeri route.
- Mathira East
- Mathira West
- Kieni East
- Kieni West
- Nyeri Town
Some Strengths of Nyeri County include:
- Natural resources as forests, wildlife, minerals (stone, sand, Kaolin), livestock, pasture, water, medicinal plants
- Tourist Attractions as Mt. Kenya, Mt. Kenya National Park, Aberdare National Park
- Main Economic Activities include tea, coffee, dairy farming, milk processing farms, maize millers, agriculture such maize, potatoes, cabbage etc. ballast mining