Kenya’s industrial policy aims at growing export-based manufacturing by raising the share of products in the regional market from 7% to 15 % and develop niche products for existing and new markets.
In Nyeri County there are 28 manufacturing industries mainly engaged in agro processing of coffee, tea, dairy, grain, water bottling, ceramics, bio-diesel, beverage, general engineering and poultry.
Some of the investment opportunities that can be facilitated by the Investment Promotion Unit:
- Renewable energy – investment in both power generation and renewable energy
- Bamboo toothpick industries
- Weighing and measuring Equipment manufacturing industries(Capacity measures, Weighing machines, Weights, Length measures, Fuel meters)
- Motor Cycle spares Manufacture and assembly plant.
- Power Transformer Manufacturing.
- Business Process Outsourcing and BPO – including ICT, electronic software and associated sectors.
Visit: http://iportal.nyeri.go.ke for more investment opportunities